What I came up with was this, I would mount a cheek block at the track forward end. I would also mount a PXR at the other end of the track. I then needed to keep the pin up on the car so I got about 2 feet of 3/4" diameter Delrin rod to fabricate stops for the pins. Reusing everything and adding a few new parts to the boat. I bought 2 pieces of 1/4" x 15' Cajun Rope XLE for the line.
- (2) 29mm Harken cheek blocks $27.02 for the set.
- (2) Spinlock PXR cam cleats - $70.80 for the set.
- 30' of XLE - $13.10.
- (4) M5 x 70mm bolts. Can't recall the cost but not much.
- (4) M5 Nylock nuts. Can't recall the cost but not much.
- (4) M5 washers. Can't recall the cost but not much.
- 3/4" x 2' Delrin rod. Can't find the cost but around $3.00.
- About 3" or 4" of existing Butyl Tape.
So you cut the rod to an 8mm thickness, drill a 3/16" hole, and then cut a slot so you can snap it on the pin.
|Cutting the rod.|
|Drilling the hole.|
|Cheek block mount.|
|Stop with slop cut.|
So there ya have it. We get to use the new setup Thursday night in racing conditions.